Thursday, February 08, 2007

Questionable? Ballsy? You decide...

Looking through portfolio sites for inspiration and useful code (the latter of which I found very little - how do some of these sites function with the SLOPPY code they use, anyway
???), I found one site that raised my eyebrows. OK, on the minus side, the whole site is set up as a table, but at least he included a doctype.

BUT - on his résumé, he included the following:

Awards and Honors
Time Magazine’s Person Of The Year
2006

I mean, really. Yes, you/me/we all were "named" Time Magazine's "Person of the Year," but to put it on a résumé? IMHO, there seems to be a fine - but definite - line between clever and smartass.

I think I'll keep such international recognition to myself - just knowing I've attained such honors is satisfactory ;-)

I'll also acknowledge that my code geekiness increases the further I'm up past my bedtime. Which means April will be scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home